Who is this qualification for?
The Hairdressing Level 3 Apprenticeship is ideal for those looking to improve and develop their hairdressing skills further to a stylist level and is the standard for the industry. This Advanced and Creative Hair Professional Apprenticeship includes Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths and English (if required).
Benefits for individuals
- Learn and develop more advanced skills and creative techniques
- Gain the benchmark qualification for the hairdressing industry
- Earn a wage whilst you learn
Benefits for employers
- Gain a more experienced and skilled employee to fulfil the needs of your business
- Support your salon staffing structure for the future
Advanced and Creative Hair Professionals are creative, passionate, and driven professionals who work without supervision, managing themselves and others when required. They provide a quality service, whilst working to the highest standards and continuously developing their personal and professional skills. They take ownership of their work and client lists, accept responsibility, are proactive, flexible and adaptable, plan their work and time; they aim for excellence by taking exceptional pride in their work and industry. They are highly skilled and experienced individual professionals who deliver hair fashion forward trends, which are innovative styles inspired by current images and their own creativity, individual flair, imagination and interpretation.
This qualification will help you progress to further qualifications such as:
- Learning and Skills Assessor Level 3 Apprenticeship
Please see our General Course Information, for our standard course requirements for all of our apprenticeships and training programmes.
Duties: An Advanced and Creative Hair Professional;
- demonstrates professionalism by maintaining confidentiality and discretion
- researches fashion forward trends, using the results to create, plan and promote a collection of hairstyle looks that reflects their own individuality
- analyses the factors that influence the design and creation of the collection of hairstyle looks, including the target audience
- designs a range of looks to create a fashion forward collection of hairstyle looks
- maintains effective and safe methods of working
- uses and adapt a range of sectioning and cutting guidelines, creative and precision techniques and technical skills to create and enhance the collection of hairstyle looks
- carries out precision and personalised cutting tailored to individual client characteristics
- formulates imaginative creative advanced colour conversion services to change the depth and tone of the hair
- uses a range of creative finishing and dressing techniques, advanced creative colouring techniques to enhance the collection of hairstyle looks
- presents, showcases and promotes their skills though their collection of hairstyle looks via a variety of media types and platforms
- provides a smoothing strengthening service to clients
- carries out in-depth consultation and complex analysis of the hair
- uses and applies the products, tools and equipment, in accordance with legal requirements, manufacturers' instructions and salon policy
- provides advice on future services and products
- evaluates the results of the service to improve further practice
As well as our standard course requirements needed to complete all our apprenticeships and training programmes (please see our General Course Information), candidates need to complete the following:
Portfolio of Evidence
The following are acceptable forms of portfolio evidence, and the most suitable forms will be selected for each unit:
- Products evidence
- Witness testimony
- Reflective accounts
- Professional discussion
- Projects & Assignments
- Case studies
EPA – End Point Assessment
This is the final stage of the apprenticeship.
Multiple-choice knowledge test
You will complete a multiple-choice test that lasts 60 minutes.
Practical assessment with questions
You will be observed by an independent assessor completing a set of tasks. It will last 5 hours. They will ask you at least 3 questions.
Professional discussion underpinned by a portfolio of evidence
You will have a professional discussion with an independent assessor. It will last 45 minutes. They will ask you at least 8 questions. You need to compile a portfolio of evidence before the EPA gateway.