This apprenticeship framework is ideal for new hairdressers. It provides you with the opportunity to learn and implement the core basic skills needed in today’s hairdressing industry. The Apprenticeship consists of the Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing along with Functional Skills Level 1 in Maths and English (if required) and Employments Rights and Responsibilities.
Benefits for individuals
- Get on the career ladder in the hair industry
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Earn a wage whilst learning
Benefits for employers
- Hairdressing apprentices who can support and aid your business model
- Employees trained to your standards to build on your business’s future
The units in this qualification focus on the essential skills you as a learner need to develop as a hairdresser. The course will train you in shampooing and conditioning hair, styling, consultation, cutting and colouring as well as a range of challenging optional units to develop your skills further.
This qualification will provide progression opportunities to other qualifications such as:
- Hairdressing Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship
- Barbering Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship
Hairdressing kit is required for this apprenticeship