This apprenticeship framework is ideal for new barbers. It provides you with the opportunity to learn and implement the core basic skills needed in today’s barbering industry. The Apprenticeship consists of the Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Barbering along with Functional Skills Level 1 in Maths and English (if required) and Employments Rights and Responsibilities.
Benefits for individuals
- Get on the career ladder in the hair industry
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification.
- Earn a wage whilst learning
Benefits for employers
- Barbering apprentices who can support and aid your business model
- Employees trained to your standards
The units in this qualification focus on the essential skills you as a learner need to develop as a barber. The course will train you in shampooing and conditioning hair, basic cutting, consultation, and the essentials in cutting facial as well as a range of challenging optional units to develop your skills further.
This qualification will provide progression opportunities to other qualifications such as:
- Barbering Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship
- Hairdressing Level 2 Apprenticeship
Barbering kit is required for this apprenticeship.